Summer is the time for happy colors and the Hues of Happiness pack of patterned papers is the happiest paper around. I love the color combination of Granny Apple Green and Daffodil Delight with a touch of Balmy Blue. To me, it’s blue skies, green grass and flowers!
I reached for a piece of Granny Apple Green patterned paper and cut all of my sketch elements from that one piece. The Color & Contour stamp set is one that hasn’t seen to much ink recently so I decided to show it some love. The card came together rather quickly as I usually find when I use a sketch.
I was inspired to make this card by the Freshly Made Sketches challenge from Aug 5, 2022.
INstructions for Color & Contour Sketch Challenge Card
- Using Basic White Thick, cut a card base 4 1/4″ x 11″ and score at 5 1/2″.
- Cut three pieces of Granny Apple Green “color wash” paper 1 5/16″ x 2 1/2″ and adhere to the bottom of the card base equally spaced.
- Cut a piece of the Balmy Blue portion of the same sheet of patterned paper 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ and adhere above the rectangles.
- Stamp the “splatter stamp from the Color & Contour stamp set in Granny Apple Green ink on the left side of the card base above the blue strip.
- With the 2nd largest Stylish Shapes circular die, cut a circle from that same piece as well.
- Adhere this to the front of the card using dimensionals.
- On a scrap of Basic White, stamp the flower on a stem using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Then “fill in” the stamp with Daffodil Delight flowers and use the Granny Apple Stampin’ Blends to color the leaves. Die cut with the corresponding die.
- Stamp the sentiment “so very happy for you” in the lower right hand corner using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Add several “Pale Papaya” opal rounds from the 2021-2023 IN Color Opal Rounds pack of bling.
Want to see all the products used to create this project? Scroll to the bottom. Click on any thumbnail at the end of this post for more information or to purchase.
Can I help you?
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and help you on your creative journey. Shop with me here: shop ChatnCraft with Lorraine.
Want more tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my weekly email here.
I’d love help you make beautiful cards and paper crafts at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog.
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek at the Tutorial Bundle that I am currently giving away.
Here is the card that I made and for which instructions will be included in the tutorial.
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: email@example.com
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: ChatnCraftwithLorraine
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney