Welcome to the Ink Stamp Share Monthly Blog hop. This is a showcase hop where we show you what we’ve been working on recently. We hope to inspire you to make more cards and, of course, send more cards! Isn’t that why we make them?
Recently our Tuesday evening Zoom class made this Color Block Birthday card together. It was so fun to see all the different cards made with different colors of card stock. This is a quick and easy layout that makes two cards at once. The sentiment from the Biggest Wish stamp set is perfect to make a bold statement on the front of the card.
Here’s what you need to make the card:
-2 card bases 8 1/2” x 5 1/2”, scored at 4 1/4” in Orchid Oasis.
-4 pieces of different card stock cut 2 1/2” x 3 3/4”. Lemon Lolly, Orchid Oasis, Tahitian Tide, and Lemon Lime Twist were used in this card.
-2 mats of Basic Black 4” x 5 1/4”
-2 Basic White mats 4″ x 5 1/4″ for the inside of the card base
To put the card together you will do the following:
- Cut two rectangles of card stock (2 1/2” X 3 3/4″) in half diagonally from upper left corner to lower right corner.
- Cut two rectangles of card stock (2 1/2” X 3 3/4″) in half diagonally from upper right corner to lower left corner.
- Now adhere one triangle of each color to the Basic Black mat as shown in the photos. All 4 points should meet at the middle right hand side or middle left hand side of the mat.
- If desired, run this piece through an embossing folder in your Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine.
- Adhere the embossed mat to the front of the card base.
- Stamp “Happy” in Orchid Oasis ink and “Birthday” in Lemon Lime Twist ink on a scrap of Basic White. Cut with the second largest Stylish Shapes square.
- Add a small bow of Lemon Lime Twist ribbon from the Ribbon Duo Combo Pack to each card.
- Adhere the Basic White mat to the inside of the card.
Want to see all the products used to create this project? Scroll to the bottom. Click on any thumbnail at the end of this post for more information or to purchase.
Can I help you?
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and help you on your creative journey. Shop with me here: shop ChatnCraft with Lorraine.
Want more tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my weekly email here.
I’d love help you make beautiful cards and paper crafts at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog.
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek at the Tutorial Bundle that I am currently giving away.
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: ChatnCraftwithLorraine
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney