Welcome to the July Ink & Inspiration Blog Hop. Each month we create projects based on a photo and color palatte. The choice is ours- to be inspired by the photo, the colors or both. Here’s the photo and color palatte for this month.
I chose Balmy Blue, Petal Pink and a touch of Night of Navy and Pecan Pie for my colors. My layout was inspired by the CASE-ing Tuesday #418 Challenge that is pictured below.
So here is the card that I created using the challenge colors and the layout above.
Instructions for Circle Sayings Birthday Card
- Cut a Petal Pink card base 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ and score at 4 1/4″. Burnish on the fold.
- Using Zoo Crew designer series paper (DSP) cut a piece 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″. Then cut a 1 1/2″ triangle off of the upper left and lower right corner. HINT: Cut one corner off, then flip it over and use it as a template to trim the second corner. Doing this will ensure they are the same shape/size.
- Blend Petal Pink Ink around the edges of the designer series paper using a blending brush. Adhere to the front of the card base.
- Use the second largest Deckled Rectangle die to cut your 3 1/2″ x 4 3/4″ piece of Balmy Blue card stock. Then run it through the “cross-hatch” Basic 3D Embossing Folder.
- Die cut a piece of Basic White with the largest Stylish Shape circle. With Memento Ink, stamp the cup cake from the Circle Sayings stamp set slightly above center. Color with Balmy Blue Stampin’ Blends and Petal Pink Stampin’ Blends. Add a few sprinkles with the light Pecan Pie Stampin’ Blend.
- Stamp “Happy Birthday” from the Circle Sayings stamp set in Balmy Blue ink and adhere to the Balmy Blue piece of card stock.
- Wrap a piece of Night of Navy ribbon around the bottom of the circle and the Balmy Blue piece. Add the 2 1/2″ x 1/4″ piece of Basic White beneath the ribbon. Tie a small bow with the Petal Pink ribbon and adhere with a glue dot.
- Adhere the Balmy Blue layer to the card front with dimensionals.
- Add three Flat Adhesive Backed Pearls to the card front.
- On a 5 1/4″ x 4″ piece of Basic White, stamp “confetti and cake for your happy day” in Balmy Blue ink. That sentiment is from the Phrases for All stamp set. Adhere to the inside of the card base.
Want to see all the products used to create this project? Scroll to the bottom. Click on any thumbnail at the end of this post for more information or to purchase.
Can I help you?
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and help you on your creative journey. Shop with me here: shop ChatnCraft with Lorraine.
Want more tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my weekly email here.
I’d love help you make beautiful cards and paper crafts at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog.
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek at the Tutorial Bundle that I am currently giving away.
Here is the card that I made and for which instructions will be included in the tutorial.
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: email@example.com
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: ChatnCraftwithLorraine
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney