The Crafty Collaborations Team is comprised of Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators from around the world. Each month we participate in several collaborative projects, including Blog Hops, like this one to inspire all of us in our passion for crafting. Our goal is to create, share, and inspire every crafter to keep our creative energy flowing.
This blog hop is dedicated to Background Stamps. I’m guessing that most people think of those as large single stamp sets that are dedicated to backgrounds when they hear “Background Stamps.” I like to use all kinds of stamps to do background stamping, so I may have interpreted this differently from the others. I created a Calypso Coral In Symmetry card.
To create the background for both cards, I used the In Symmetry stamp set with Calypso Coral and Night of Navy. I love this color combination. I put both of the sprigs of leaves stamps on one block and stamped my own background with Calypso Coral ink on the Basic White mat (above.) I also made a second card where I stamped the leaves directly on the card base (below).
I love the added interest and texture that the background stamping creates. I hope you will give this a try on one of your cards.
- Cut your Night of Navy card base 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ and score at 4 1/4″.
- Using Calypso Coral, cut 2 mats 5 1/4″ x 4″. Center one on the front of your card base.
- On a piece of Basic White that measures 5 1/8″ x 3 7/8″ randomly stamp the background using Calypso Coral ink and the two sprigs of leaves from the In Symmetry stamp set. Stamp more than once without re-inking your stamp to get a variation in color.
- Now, adhere this to the Calypso Coral mat.
- On a 2″ x 3″ piece of Basic White stamp the 3 petal flower in Calypso Coral. Then add a Bermuda Bay stem and Night of Navy leaves. Die cut with the 3rd smallest Stitched So Sweetly rectangle.
- Use the 4th smallest Stitched So Sweetly rectangle to cut a mat in Night of Navy for the stamped images.
- Adhere the stamped images to the Night of Navy scalloped rectangle and wrap with Basic White Bakers twine from the Baker’s Twine Essentials pack.
- Pop this up on dimensionals on the front of the card.
- Adhere the second Calypso Coral mat on the inside of the card. Layer a piece of Basic White measuring 5 1/8″ x 3 7/8″ on top of the mat.
- Add a sentiment if desired.
You can see all the products used to make this card at the end of this post. Click on any thumbnail for more information or to purchase.
Ready for more inspiration? You are on ChatnCraft with Lorraine currently. Click on the next link to start hopping on to see the creations of our Crafty Collaborators! I don’t think you will be disappointed.
Can I help you?
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and help you on your creative journey. Shop with me here: shop ChatnCraft with Lorraine.
Want more tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my weekly email here.
I’d love help you make beautiful cards and paper crafts at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog.
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek at the Whimsy & Wonder Bundle that I am currently giving away.
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: ChatnCraftwithLorraine
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney