It’s Thursday so I thought I’d do a Throwback Thursday post and go all the way back to winter 2021….(that seems like such a long time ago!) and the Butterfly Brilliance stamp. This is such a pretty stamp! Stamping all 6 butterflies at once is so handy! I chose colors today that were part of the September SU Color Challenge #sucolorchallenge that I noticed on Facebook.
Here is the color challenge photo.
I was immediately inspired by these colors. They remind me of sherbet and I’m looking forward to making a Sweet Ice Cream card in these colors too!
The Butterfly Brilliance stamp is fun to use with multiple colors. I think the sponge daubers are my favorite tool at the moment. I seem to be reaching for them a lot! To make this card I placed the stamp on my stamparatus and added color to just one butterfly at a time using my sponge daubers. I tried to vary the combination of colors for each butterfly. I cleaned off each butterfly before inking another one so as not to have stray color!
After I inked and stamped my butterflies, I trimmed the white piece down to fit the card. I love the Pool Party Sheer Ribbon with these colors. It’s hint of sparkle is just the perfect touch. The “hello YOU” sentiment is from the Shaded Summer stamp set.
- Cut your card base 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ in Flirty Flamingo. Score and fold at 4 1/4″.
- Cut a Pale Papaya mat to 5 3/8″ x 4 1/8″.
- Cut a Coastal Cabana mat to 5 1/4 x 4″.
- Place a 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ piece of Basic White card stock in your stamparatus and position the Butterfly Brilliance stamp set to stamp in the center, near the top.
- Beginning with the butterfly that will stamp in the top left corner, ink it up with two colors. ALWAYS use the lighter color first, keeping one dauber for each color. Stamp your butterfly. If necessary add more ink and stamp the same one again. Then clean the stamp thoroughly.
- Ink the next butterfly with two colors. Ink combinations I used include: Pale Papaya and Flirty Flamingo. Flirty Flamingo and Coastal Cabana, Coastal Cabana and Pear Pizzaz, Pear Pizzaz and Pale Papaya.
- When all the butterflies are stamped, trim your piece to 5 1/8″ x 3 7/8″.
- Adhere the butterfly stamped piece to the Coastal Cabana mat and then to the Pale Papaya mat.
- Wrap with a length of Pool Party Sheer ribbon and tie a bow.
- Adhere this to the card base.
- Cut three sprigs of leaves using the Pierced Blooms die- one in Pale Papaya, one in Flirty Flamingo and one in Coastal Cabana.
- Adhere these to the butterfly piece above and below the ribbon.
- Stamp “hello YOU” on a piece of white scrap and cut with a small circle from the Layering Circle dies.
- Cut a scalloped circle to fit behind it from Coastal Cabana scrap.
- Adhere the circles together and pop up on the front of the card with dimensionals.
All the products used to make this card will be displayed at at the end of the post. Click on the thumbnails for more information or to purchase any item.
Whimsy & Wonder Stamp camp
Registration is now open for the Whimsy & Wonder Stamp Camp. This is a collaborative effort of the Creativity Abounds group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators from around the globe. This event will be held in an exclusive FaceBook group September 17 and September 18. (All presentations will be recorded and available forever!)
Do you need inspiration for your holiday cards? You will find that in this stamp camp! You will see at least 26 different designs and have everything you need to make 13 of them PREPARED for you!
Once you are registered, you will receive a card kit to make 13 different cards with the Whimsy & Wonder suite (p24-25 in the July-Dec Mini Catalog) along with written instructions and private YouTube videos demonstrating how to make those cards. In addition you will have access to an EXCLUSIVE FaceBook group where we will have 13 live presentations on September 17 -18, 2021. These live presentations will be recorded and available forever. (Some will be in less convenient time slots since we are dealing with so many time zones, but you can always watch a replay.) All in all, you will be inspired to create 26 different projects. All of this is FREE! Just purchase the bundle and we will do the rest!
Hw to register? Purchase the Whimsy & Wonder Suite Collection using this host code: QMXTMBEE. Just click here and you’ll be shopping with me and the host code will be entered for you! That’s all you need to do to register. I’ll take care of the rest. You must register by September 5, 2021.
Can I help you?
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and help you on your creative journey. Shop with me here: shop ChatnCraft with Lorraine.
Want more tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my weekly email here.
I’d love help you make beautiful cards and paper crafts at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog.
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek at the Whimsy & Wonder Bundle that I am currently giving away.
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: Chat’n’CraftLT
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney