Thank you for joining the Stamping Inkspirations Blog Hop. Today we are showcasing Ink Blending Techniques. There are so many different ways you can blend inks to take your stamping to the next level. I decided to use Sponge Daubers for my blending today.
You may be wondering why I chose a Christmas stamp- Leaves of Holly- for this card. Don’t be fooled into thinking this stamp set is only for winter and Christmas. It can be used for fall cards and summery ones, too. This stamp set is part of the Boughs of Holly Suite- the products we are featuring in our next Creativity Abounds stamp camp. You can find all the details below!
I started with a scrap of Very Vanilla card stock and two leaf stamps from the Leaves of Holly Bundle. I applied the ink to them with a sponge dauber. I used one dauber for each of the colors- Cajun Craze, Merry Merlot, and Soft Suede. I pounced color onto each stamp in no particular order. One color around the edge, one in the center and the last color overlapping the two. I changed it up for each leaf.
I love the bit of texture the Stripes from the Stripes and Splatters 3D embossing folders gives the background. It is a mini folder so I trimmed my mat to 3″.
For the inside of the card, I just stamped one leaf in each color. I did use the daubers to apply the ink in order to be consistent with the soft, muted look of the colors.
I hope you will give this ink blending technique a try. You can follow my step by step directions below.
Instructions for Boughs of Holly Fall Card
- Create your Cajun Craze card base 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ and score at 4 1/4″.
- Cut a piece of Soft Suede card stock to 3″ x 5 1/4″ and run through the Stripes embossing folder.
- Wrap linen trhread around this piece twice and tie in a bow. Adhere this to the left side of the card base.
- On your scrap of Very Vanilla, make three leaves as described above. Be sure to apply the ink with the sponge daubers for a muted, soft look. Die cut three leaves.
- Adhere two leaves directly to the card front. Pop the middle leaf up on dimensionals.
- On another scrap of Very Vanilla card stock, stamp a leaf in Soft Suede ink (applied with a dauber.) Then stamp “Thank you for everything” from the Botanical Layers stamp set over the leaf using Cajun Craze ink. Die cut using the 3rd largest circle from the Stylish Shapes dies.
- Adhere to the front.
- Add five Brushed Metallic Adhesive-Backed Dots.
- On another piece of Very Vanilla measuring 5 1/4″ x 4″, stamp a leaf in each color down the left hand side. Remember to use the daubers to apply the ink for a consistent look.
- Adhere this to the inside.
Want to see all the products used to create this project? Scroll to the bottom. Click on any thumbnail at the end of this post for more information or to purchase.
Be sure to hop along to see what the rest of our creative group of demonstrators created for you to show off Ink Blending. You can click on “Next Blog” or a name in the list below.
Can I help you?
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and help you on your creative journey. Shop with me here: shop ChatnCraft with Lorraine.
Want more tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my weekly email here.
I’d love help you make beautiful cards and paper crafts at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog.
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek at the Tutorial Bundle that I am currently giving away.
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: ChatnCraftwithLorraine
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney