I have taken part in the Festive Friday Challenge #FF137 to create a card based on an Inspiration List centered around the theme of International Forgiveness Day. To participate you need only pick 3 items from the Inspo list to include in your card. Your card does NOT have to have the incorporate the theme. Here’s this week’s inspo list.
and here is the card I created using Green, Blue, and Silhouette.
My card is a CASE of one of the Festive Friday design team’s card. You can see Sharon’s card here. My colors are slightly different as I used Granny Apple Green, Lemon Lolly, and Balmy Blue and used two leaves punched in black with the Bough Punch as my silhouette image.
The large leaf stamp from Inked & Tiled was NOT inked. It was spritzed with Stampin’ Mist and then stamped on the inked background. Yes, that’s right, Stampin’ Mist. Have you heard of stamping with water? The water lifts a bit of the ink from the blended background. Well, Stampin’ Mist lifts even more ink since it’s stamp cleaner. It’s designed to remove ink from your stamps. I love the effect it has on the blended background. You must be sure to clean off the stamp after each time you stamp on the background and then spritz it again with the Stampin’ Mist.
You can see the cards created by the Festive Friday Design Team for FF#137 here. You are sure to be inspired.
Instructions for the Blended Background & Stampin’ Mist Card
- Use blending brushes to add Balmy Blue ink, Lemon Lolly ink and Granny Apple Green ink to a 3 3/4″ x 5″ piece of Basic White. Score at 4 1/4″. Fold and Burnish.
- Lightly spritz the large leaf stamp from Inked & Tiled with Stampin’ Mist. Hold the spray away from the stamp so a fine mist falls, rather than large droplets.
- Stamp on the background. Clean the stamp on your Stampin’ Scrub and then spray again. Stamp again until you are satisfied with your background.
- Adhere this to a 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ piece of Lemon Lolly card stock and then adhere to the front of the card base.
- Use the Bough Punch and a scrap of Basic Black to punch two leaves. Arrange them stem to stem across the card as pictured.
- Stamp “hi” from the Just My Type stamp set in VersaMark ink and then sprinkle with white embossing powder. Melt with the heat tool.
- Die cut with the 2nd smallest circle from the Stylish Shapes dies. Adhere to the front with dimensionals.
- Color 3 pearls with the Light Granny Apple Green Stampin’ Blend. Add to the card front.
- Ink the large leaf stamp with Granny Apple Green ink and spritz with water. Stamp off once on scrap paper and then stamp in the lower left corner of a 5 1/4″ x 4″ piece of Basic White. Adhere to the inside of the card.
Want to see all the products used to create this project? Scroll to the bottom. Click on any thumbnail at the end of this post for more information or to purchase.
Join me and the Creativity Abounds team for our ON LINE Fresh as a Daisy Stamp Camp. Purchase the Fresh As a Daisy Suite Collection (item # 161301 for $73.50) as shown on p. 110 of the 2023-2024 Annual catalog as well as the In Color Jute trim (item #161637 for $8.00) from me and you will automatically be registered for our Fresh as A Daisy Stamp Camp on July 7 & 8, 2023. THE STAMP CAMP IS FREE!
This event is held live in an exclusive FaceBook group and will be available to watch forever. Included in the stamp camp are 13 “make and take” card kits. You will get all supplies not included in the Fresh as a Daisy Suite collection (cut and prepped) along with video AND written instructions to make 13 projects. During the Stamp Camp we will present 13 additional projects “live” that you can make on your own at a later date.
The only cost for the Stamp Camp is purchase of the Fresh as a Daisy Suite Collection. Please use this link to purchase in order to ensure your registration. Just add the In Color Jute (#161637 to your order and you’ll be all set.)
Can I help you?
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and help you on your creative journey. Shop with me here: shop ChatnCraft with Lorraine.
Want more tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my weekly email here.
I’d love help you make beautiful cards and paper crafts at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog.
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek at the Tutorial Bundle that I am currently giving away.
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: ChatnCraftwithLorraine
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney