This Slide and Lock card is a quick and easy card to make! It has just enough of an interactive element to make it attractive for children and adults alike. It’s basically a gatefold card with just a small mechanism that slides on and holds the card in place. Here is what it looks like opened.
Instructions for Slide & Lock card
- Cut your Cajun Craze card base 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ and score it at 2 1/8″ from ONE end only.
- Fold and burnish. Then “eyeballing it,” fold the other end in to the middle but leave a small space between the two edges in the center.
- Cut 2 pieces of Beauty of the Earth patterned paper 5 1/4″ x 1 7/8″ and adhere to each of the front flaps.
- Cut 2 squares of Cajun Craze 3″ x 3″.
- Cut 2 squares of printer paper (or other lightweight paper) 2 7/8″ x 2 7/8″ and fold each in half.
- Take one 3″ x 3″ square and make a LIGHT score mark down the middle.
- Take a folded white square and glue it so the fold line is next to the center score line on one 3″ x 3″ square. Then glue the second folded white square with its fold on the other side of the score line.
- Glue the second Cajun Craze square on to the top of the white squares. This is your sliding mechanism. (see video below)
- Cut a Basic White square 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″. Stamp your leaves from the Time of Giving stamp set in Daffodil Delight and Pumpkin Pie on the top of the Basic White square.
- Die cut one tree from Cajun Craze and adhere to this square.
- Stamp the birthday sentiment from Handsomely Suited in Soft Suede in the lower right hand corner.
- On a 5 1/4″ x 4″ piece of Basic White, stamp the leaves in the lower left corner with Cajun Craze ink and adhere to the center panel of the card.
- Slide on your slide and lock mechanism.
All products used in this card will be listed at the end of the blog. Click on any picture for more details or to purchase.
Can I help you?
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and help you on your creative journey. Shop with me here: shop ChatnCraft with Lorraine.
Want more tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my weekly email here.
I’d love help you make beautiful cards and paper crafts at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog.
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek at the Whimsy & Wonder Bundle that I am currently giving away.
Join Stampin’ up!
During Sale-a-Bration (August 2- September 30, 2021) you can receive a FREE bundle when you JOIN Stampin’ Up! How do you join? You order a Starter Kit. A starter kit is nothing more than up to $125 worth of ANY PRODUCT you would like from ANY current catalog. You will pay ONLY $99 for this kit (20% discount) and shipping is FREE (another 10% savings) on your Starter Kit. Then just choose that free bundle I mentioned from the list below and you’ll be on your way to……enjoying at least a 20% discount every time you shop, learning about specials before they go public, and ordering before everyone else when there is a new catalog. If you have any questions please let me know!
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: Chat’n’CraftLT
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney