The Crafty Collaborations Team is comprised of Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators from around the world. Each month we participate in several collaborative projects, including Blog Hops, like this one to inspire all of us in our passion for crafting. Our goal is to create, share, and inspire every crafter to keep our creative energy flowing.
Today’s blog hop is in celebration of Rosh Hashanah or the Jewish New Year. This year Rosh Hashanah begins at sundown on Monday, September 6 and ends at sundown on September 8. It is one of the most important Jewish holidays and is often celebrated with special food and traditions. The two day period is also known as “The Days of Awe.”
In a google search for symbols of Rosh Hashanah I learned that apples, honey, pomegranate and other sweets were symbols of this holiday. I found one example of a card with a “tree of life” represented so I ran with this idea, choosing The Beauty of Friendship bundle for this card. The tree die is one of two from Beauty of Friendship bundle, and it is actually cut from the white paper. A piece of Beauty of the Earth patterned paper is adhered behind it. Then I zipped both layers through my Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine with the Tasteful Textile 3D embossing Folder.
There are not a lot of sentiments available for Rosh Hashanah so I printed “Shanah Tovah” which means “good year” on card stock and cut it out. I did the same with the inside sentiment which says, “Wishing You a Sweet and Happy New Year,” a traditional sentiment for this holiday.
Instructions for Beauty of Friendship Rosh Hashanah Card
- Cut a card base from Crushed Curry in 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ and score it at 4 1/4″.
- Use the large tree die from the Beauty of Friendship to die cut the tree from the left side of a 5 1/4″ x 4″ piece of Basic White card stock.
- Adhere the die cut piece of Basic White to the green trees patterned paper (from the Beauty of the Earth pack) and then emboss it with the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder. Adhere this to the front of the card base.
- Print “Shanah Tovah” in a font you like on Crushed Curry card stock. Die cut it with the smallest angled tag from the Tailor Made Tags dies. Adhere that to the card front, just to the right of the tree trunk.
- Die cut three birds from a Crushed Curry scrap and adhere to the tree.
- Add 5 Gilded Gems around the tree.
- Tie a small bow with Evening Evergreen Chevron Weave ribbon and adhere to the trunk with multiple glue dots.
- Print your sentiment, “Wishing You a Sweet and Happy New Year” on Crushed Curry and die cut with the second largest Tailored Made Tag die. Adhere to a 5 1/4″ x 4″ piece of basic white. Adhere this piece to the inside of the card base.
You can see thumbnail photos of all of these products at the end of this blog post. Click on any thumbnail for more information or to order.
Blog Hop, remember?
Take a few minutes to view the awesome projects made by our Crafty Collaborators for this holiday. You will be inspired.
Join Stampin’ up!
During Sale-a-Bration (August 2- September 30, 2021) you can receive a FREE bundle when you JOIN Stampin’ Up! How do you join? You order a Starter Kit. A starter kit is nothing more than up to $125 worth of ANY PRODUCT you would like from ANY current catalog. You will pay ONLY $99 for this kit (20% discount) and shipping is FREE (another 10% savings) on your Starter Kit. Then just choose that free bundle I mentioned from the list below and you’ll be on your way to……enjoying at least a 20% discount every time you shop, learning about specials before they go public, and ordering before everyone else when there is a new catalog. If you have any questions please let me know!
Can I help you?
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and help you on your creative journey. Shop with me here: shop ChatnCraft with Lorraine.
Want more tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my weekly email here.
I’d love help you make beautiful cards and paper crafts at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog.
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek at the Whimsy & Wonder Bundle that I am currently giving away.
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: Chat’n’CraftLT
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney