The Crafty Collaborations Team is comprised of Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators from around the world. Each month we participate in several collaborative projects, including Blog Hops, like this one to inspire all of us in our passion for crafting. Our goal is to create, share, and inspire every crafter to keep our creative energy flowing.
Today’s blog hop has an Autumn theme. This is absolutely my favorite season for card making. The colors, trees, and fall images make me smile and think of gorgeous fall foliage with comfortable, cool temperatures. I’ve turned to my favorite fall bundle….The Beauty of Friendship. I love the trees, the Beauty of the Earth papers that coordinate with it, and the sentiments. I hope you enjoy the fun fold of this Beauty of Friendship Birthday card, too.
This card has a bit of a surprising way that it opens. It is a type of gatefold with the top opening up. The top portion also overlaps the bottom a bit more than usual! You can make this fun fold card too. Just follow the instructions below. This is what it looks like when open.
Instructions for Beauty of Friendship Birthday CArd
- Cut your Cinnamon Cider card base 4 1/4″ x 11″ and score at 3 1/2″ and 9″.
- Fold and burnish the score lines.
- Cut a Mossy Meadow mat 4″ x 4 1/4″ and 4″ x 1 3/4″.
- Place the larger Mossy Meadow mat on the top flap so that the border on the top, right and left side are equal. It will hang over the bottom of the card base. Adhere in place. (Be sure not to put adhesive on the part that overhangs.)
- Adhere the smaller mat to the bottom flap of the card base.
- Cut the left print of the Beauty of the Earth papers to 3 3/4″ x 4″. Center and adhere to the top section of the card base.
- Cut the Mossy Meadow tree print to 3 3/4″ x 1 1/2″ and adhere to the bottom flap of the card base.
- Use the large “almost” oval shaped die from the Tasteful Labels dies to cut a piece of the “sky” blue patterned paper.
- Die cut the tree from a scrap of Mossy Meadow and adhere to the blue die cut label.
- Adhere this piece to the front of the card, slightly to the left of center.
- Stamp Happy Birthday in Mossy Meadow ink on a 1/2″ wide scrap of Basic White card stock. Use your scissors to trim the right hand edge at an angle. Pop it up across the base of the tree, centered on the top flap.
- Add three 2020-2022 In Color Square Gems onto the front.
- Adhere a 5 1/4″ x 4″ piece of Mossy Meadow to the inside of the card.
- Onto that adhere a 5″ x 3 3/4″ piece of Basic White.
- Adhere a 1/2″ strip of the Mossy Meadow tree paper from Beauty of Earth down the left hand side.
Don’t forget to check out the rest of the Autumn themed projects. We hope you’ll be inspired to create!
Can I help you?
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and help you on your creative journey. Shop with me here: shop ChatnCraft with Lorraine.
Want more tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my weekly email here.
I’d love help you make beautiful cards and paper crafts at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog.
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek at the Whimsy & Wonder Bundle that I am currently giving away.
Join Stampin’ up!
During Sale-a-Bration (August 2- September 30, 2021) you can receive a FREE bundle when you JOIN Stampin’ Up! How do you join? You order a Starter Kit. A starter kit is nothing more than up to $125 worth of ANY PRODUCT you would like from ANY current catalog. You will pay ONLY $99 for this kit (20% discount) and shipping is FREE (another 10% savings) on your Starter Kit. Then just choose that free bundle I mentioned from the list below and you’ll be on your way to……enjoying at least a 20% discount every time you shop, learning about specials before they go public, and ordering before everyone else when there is a new catalog. If you have any questions please let me know!
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: ChatnCraftwithLorraine
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney