The Crafty Collaborations Team is comprised of Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators from around the world. Each month we participate in several collaborative projects, including Blog Hops, like this one, to inspire all of us in our passion for crafting. Our goal is to create, share, and inspire every crafter to keep our creative energy flowing.
Today is Share it Sunday and we get to share whatever we’d like! I”m sharing my Beary Cute Slider card that I’m going to demonstrate to my team this evening! I hope they like it.
Like most cards, this isn’t hard to make once you know how. The Curved Label punch makes the slider track a breeze to create. The bear, the trees and the sentiments are all from the Beary Cute stamp set. Both the stamp set and the bundle are available in the September – December 2023 Mini Catalog. (You can order from this catalog starting September 6 unless you are a demonstrator. Then you are available to pre-order which is a great benefit.)
The snowy background paper is going to be one of my favorites from the upcoming A Walk in the Forest pack (also in the new catalog.) In addition to awesome paper in this pack, it is also the Making a Difference product in this catalog. $3 of every package purchased will be donated to organizations spreading cheer and providing support to those in need. What a great idea!
There are so many stamped images that could slide down this hill- the pickup truck, an elephant, some flowers, and any of the Zany Zoo creatures.
Instructions for making the beary cute slider card
- Cut a Thick Basic White card base 4 1/4″ x 11″ and score at 5 1/2″. Fold and burnish.
- Adhere a 2 1/2″ x 5 1/4″ piece of the snowfall patterned paper to the top half of the card front.
- Use the “torn edge” die cut from the Gorgeously Made Dies to make a snow bank on the top of a 2 1/2″ x 5 1/4″ piece of Basic White.
- Punch the Curved Label Punch on the right hand side of the die cut piece of white. Have a 1/8″ border protrude beyond the side of the punch. Be sure your label is close, but not too close to the top edge. Punch.
- Turn the Basic White piece you just punched 180 degrees so the punched strip is on your left (and looking like a smile) and punch again. Be sure the right hand edge of the “smile” is lined up well with the left hand edge of the punch. You want one seamless hill for the polar bear to slide down.
- Turn this piece back around and add dimensionals to the back. DO NOT REMOVE THE BACKINGS YET.
- Stamp a walking polar bear in Balmy Blue ink on a scrap of Basic White. Color just inside the stamped line with the light Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blend marker. Blend it into the white by using the color lifter along the edge of the Smoky Slate line. Punch out the bear using the corresponding punch.
- On a scrap of Basic White, stamp the scarf and hat in Pretty Peacock. Fussy cut and adhere to the bear.
- Stamp two trees in Shaded Spruce first stamping the outline and then filling it in. Fussy cut these trees and adhere to the card front being careful to have the bottom of the tree below the snowbank but not showing in the track for the sliding bear.
- Put two dimensionals stacked on a penny. Arrange the slider piece of Basic White so the dimensionals stick up through the track. Adhere the polar bear to the dimensionals.
- Now remove the backings of the dimensionals and adhere the slider track and bear to the front of the card base.
- Stamp Warm Wishes on a scrap of Basic White using Shaded Spruce ink. Die cut with a rounded rectangle from the Nested Essentials dies. Pop up on the front of the card with dimensionals.
- Add 3-5 green glossy dots from the Tinsel Gems Four Pack.
- Cut a 3 3/4″ x 5″ piece of Basic White for the inside of the card. Stamp three snowflakes and the Merry Christmas greeting in Balmy Blue. Adhere to a 5 1/4″ x 4″ piece of Balmy Blue card stock.
- Adhere inside the card.
You can see a few of the products used to make this card at the end of the post. The items that are not available until the new catalog goes live will be added after September 6.
Please click on the next name on the list and continue to be inspired by the amazing projects created by this design team. I know you will not be disappointed.
Can I help you?
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and help you on your creative journey. Shop with me here: shop ChatnCraft with Lorraine.
Want more tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my weekly email here.
I’d love help you make beautiful cards and paper crafts at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog.
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek at the Tutorial Bundle that I am currently giving away.
Here is the card that I made and for which instructions will be included in the tutorial.
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: email@example.com
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: ChatnCraftwithLorraine
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney