The Crafty Collaborations Team is comprised of Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators from around the world. Each month we participate in several collaborative projects, including Blog Hops, like this one to inspire all of us in our passion for crafting. Our goal is to create, share, and inspire every crafter to keep our creative energy flowing.
Today’s Stampin Dreams blog hop has the theme of Back to School. Back to school is always an exciting and a bit scary time of year for children. What better way to start the year off than sending a card to your children and grandchildren to wish them many “magical moments.”
When thinking of school, stars seems to be a common image. Remember gold stars on your papers? Starring in the school play? Wanting to be a star in your favorite subject? Stars seemed to be a good place to start when creating this card.
My next thought was colors and I decided to steer away from the traditional school colors of pencils and chalk boards. (Do school aged kids today even know what a chalkboard looks like?) Instead, I chose three of my favorites- Night Of Navy, Coastal Cabana, and Bermuda Bay.
I think this card is perfect for a student of any age and would be appreciated by a teacher as well. Will you make a card for a returning student? Here’s how!
INstructions for Back to school card
- Cut a Night of Navy card base 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ and score at 4 1/4″.
- Cut a Basic White mat 5 3/8″ x 4 1/8″ and adhere to the card base.
- Cut a Bermuda Bay mat 5 1/4″ x 4″.
- Take an 8 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ strip of Coastal Cabana card stock and put an adhesive sheet on the back of it.
- Die cut the Swirly Stars, 3rd and 4th smallest solid stars and 2nd smallest cut out star from this piece.
- Put an adhesive sheet on the back of a Night of Navy piece, approximately 2 1/2″ x 5″.
- Die cut the 2nd and 3rd smallest solid stars and the 2nd largest cut out star to fit on or behind the Coastal Cabana stars.
- Remove the release paper from the back of the stars and layer them together and then on the card front as shown.
- Place the Many Messages stamp set in your Stamparatus. Ink the section of the stamp that has the “wishing you …..wonderful memories” stamp on it with Night Of Navy ink.
- Place a scrap of Basic White card stock so it lines up with the inked portion of the stamp. Stamp.
- Then place the card stock scrap in the appropriate section of the Messages die and hold it in place with a piece of washi tape or repositionable sticky tape. Run it through your Cut & Emboss Machine.
- Die cut a rectangle with the 2nd smallest Stitched So Sweetly rectangle and layer the white sentiment to it. Pop this up with dimensionals not the front of the card.
- Using white twine from the Baker’s Twine Essentials pack tie a bow and adhere with a glue dot.
All products used on this card will be shown at the end of the post. Click on the thumbnail for more information or to purchase a project.
Don’t forget to check out the other Back to School projects listed below! You are sure to be inspired!
Can I help you?
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and help you on your creative journey. Shop with me here: shop ChatnCraft with Lorraine.
Want more tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my weekly email here.
I’d love help you make beautiful cards and paper crafts at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog.
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek at the Whimsy & Wonder Bundle that I am currently giving away.
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: email@example.com
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: Chat’n’CraftLT
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney