Welcome to the Stamping Inkspirations Blog Hop. Today’s theme is embossing. I love all types of embossing- heat embossing, embossing with embossing folders, and embossing with texture paste. All of these ways to emboss are fun and add so much to cards. Today I used two different embossing techniques to make this Art Gallery Thinking of You card. (Public Service Announcement: The Art Gallery Bundle is 20% off during the month of March 2022.)
I am hopping with Stamping Inkspirations today. We are a group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators from around the world who hope to inspire you to create cards and SEND cards. We hope you will share the joy of card making with us.
My Art Gallery Thinking of You card uses both heat embossing and embossing with an embossing folder. Did you notice the shiny background on this card? The Pacific Point mat was completely covered with Versamark ink and then clear embossing powder. When it was heat set it became that shiny bright blue. Then I ran it through my Stampin’ Cut and Emboss machine with the Ornate flowers embossing folder. I love the way clear embossing adds so much depth to the embossing.
I couldn’t help but use the color combination of Pacific Point and Daffodil Delight. The people of the Ukraine are on my mind.
Instructions for the Art Gallery Thinking of You Card
- Cut a Daffodil Delight card base 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ and score at 4 1/4″.
- Cut a mat 5 1/4″ x 4″ of Pacific Point card stock.
- Press the entire Versamark Ink pad all over the mat until the entire front is inked well.
- Cover with clear embossing powder. Tap off excess powder and melt with your heat tool.
- Run this embossed piece through your Stampin’ Cut and Emboss machine with the Ornate 3D embossing folder.
- Use liquid glue or a strong adhesive to adhere to the front of your card base.
- On a scrap of Basic White stamp the large flower background stamp with “stamped off” Daffodil Delight. TIP: Stamp off means to ink the stamp, stamp on scrap paper, stamp on your card stock without re-inking.
- Using Mossy Meadow ink, stamp the stem and leaves on another scrap of Basic White.
- Run both pieces through your Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine with the corresponding dies.
- Use dimensionals to adhere to the front of the card.
- On another scrap of Basic White, stamp “I’m thinking of you” and die cut with the scalloped rectangle from the bundle.
- Adhere this across the stem.
- Use the Whisper White Crinkled seam binding to make a small bow and attach with a glue dot.
- On a piece of Basic White cut 5 1/4″ x 4″ stamp the large flower in “Stamped off” Pacific Point ink. Use Tuxedo Black Memento ink to stamp “Your strength is an inspiration” across the flower.
Want to see all the products used to create this project? Scroll to the bottom. Click on any thumbnail at the end of this post for more information or to purchase.
Please be sure to visit the rest of our Stamping Inkspirations blogs to be inspired to make more cards using “embossing!” Click on the NEXT button to get started.
Symbols of Fortune stamp camp
Please join me and 12 talented Stampin’ Up! demonstrators from around the world for an amazing Stamp Camp experience. This Symbols of Fortune Stamp Camp will feature the softly colored and shimmery suite of products. You can see each of the items here:
This Stamp Camp includes a card kit to make 12 cards…one designed by each of the demonstrators on the Creativity Abounds team. In this card kit you will get the card bases and any pieces of card stock needed to make the card. If a die other than the ones included in the Crane of Fortune Bundle is used, it will be cut for you. Envelopes are included as well.
You will use your Symbols of Fortune patterned paper, Crane of Fortune Bundle, Soft Succulent Satin Shimmer ribbon, Polished Dots, and inks and adhesives.
This kit will come with an emailed written tutorial for each card as well as “unlisted” videos to show you how to make the cards.
On April 29 -30 , 2022, you will be part of an exclusive Facebook Group where we will have 12 LIVE presentations showing another project made with the suite. As the group is international, some LIVES will be at less convenient times, but they will all be recorded in the FaceBook group and you will have access to them forever. You are invited to post your cards, comment and play along with challenges in this exclusive group as well.
The only fee to participate in this Stamp Camp is purchase through me of the Symbols of Fortune Suite (item #157667- and all the products are included with this one number). If you already own these products, please substitute any other $82.75 (before shipping and tax) of products. Please use the link below as it includes my HOST CODE (3Z2Q2CK2).
You can order by clicking on this link: SHOP WITH CHATNCRAFT WITH LORRAINE and this will input the host code for you automatically. I will be notified of your purchase and will enroll you in Stamp Camp. Please be sure to order as soon as possible to ensure that nothing becomes unavailable!
NOTE: The Symbols of Fortune Suite is not available at this time because the Polished Dots are on backorder. You can participate in the Stamp Camp if you order all of the items individually (you’ll still save 10% on the Stamp & Die bundle) and add a different embellishment such as Iridescent Rhinestone Jewels. Please use the HOST CODE 3Z2Q2CK2.
About a week before Stamp Camp you will receive your card kit in the mail. Then a few days before the Symbols of Fortune Stamp Camp starts, you will receive an invitation to join the exclusive Facebook group.
If you have any questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I help you?
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and help you on your creative journey. Shop with me here: shop ChatnCraft with Lorraine.
Want more tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my weekly email here.
I’d love help you make beautiful cards and paper crafts at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog.
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek at the Tutorial Bundle that I am currently giving away.
Here is the card that I made and for which instructions will be included in the tutorial.
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: email@example.com
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: ChatnCraftwithLorraine
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney