Here’s what you need:
Basic White Card base: 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ (not folded- just one rectangle), insert 3 3/4″ x 5″, 2nd largest plain oval
Card Stock: 4″ x 11″, scored at 3″ and 8 1/4″, 2nd largest scalloped oval
Fine Art Floral Patterned Paper/DSP: 3 3/4″ x 2 3/4″ AND 3 3/4″ x 2 1/2″
Art Gallery Stamp Set
Heat & Stick Powder
To create the card:
1. Stamp your flower from the Art Gallery stamp set on the white oval. (Achieve the lighter shade by stamping off on a scrap of paper first, and then stamping on the oval without reinking.) Use the smallest “highlight” stamp to add highlights to the two upper flowers. Highlight the leaves and stems using a matching stampin’ blend, if desired. Set aside to dry.
2. Fold each end of the 4″ x 11″ piece of card stock on the score lines towards the middle. They will overlap slightly.
3. Adhere your patterned paper/DSP to the outside of the folded flaps. I prefer the floral paper on the larger flap and the more subtle design on the smaller flap.
4. Stamp your sentiment on the white insert and adhere to the middle panel in the inside of the card. (Portrait orientation for the card shown above.)
5. Center this on the white card base and adhere in place.
6. Now, return to your stamped oval. Using the same “highlight” stamp, stamp with versa mark onto the flower in the center. Sprinkle with the Heat & Stick powder and then melt with the heat tool.
7. Gently press a few flakes of gilded leafing onto the area with the melted Heat & Stick powder. After a moment or two use a wedge of Stamping Sponge to gently brush away any loose pieces of the gilded leafing, leaving it only where the heat & stick powder is holding it.
8. Adhere this oval to the scalloped oval and adhere to the front of the card. Be sure to only apply adhesive to the top half of the oval so your card opens properly.
Now, write a message in your card, address your envelope and send your card off to someone! Make someone’s day with happy mail!
Sign up for my email so I can send you tips, tricks and inspiration each week!
I’d love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator. Click on any of the blue links above (or the SHOP NOW button in the header) to shop in my online store. Need a catalog? Send me an email and I”ll send you all the current catalogs free of charge!
I hope you have been inspired to make a card!
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: Chat’n’CraftLT