You are in for a treat today! It’s time for the August Demonstrator Program Blog Hop. Demonstrators from around the world will show you their August customer Thank You cards to offer you inspiration with a variety of stamp sets and techniques. My Angled Fold card is pictured below. This card was inspired by a card created by Lyssa at Song of My Heart Stampers. I have changed up a few things and added the embossed flap.
Well, it’s no mystery how this card got its name. The angles make this card unique. For this Angled Fold card I used Pale Papaya card stock and the Pale Papaya checked side of a Pansy Petals paper. The other flap of the card is embossed with the Bark 3D embossing folder. The flower from the Color & Contour stamp set is stamped in Evening Evergreen, colored with Pale Papaya blends and cut out with the corresponding Scallop Contour die. Then it was placed on an Evening Evergreen circle and popped up on the right side of the card.
- Cut a Pale Papaya card base 5 1/2″ x 11″ and score at 3 3/8″ and 7 5/8″ .
- Fold and burnish on the score lines.
- It would be best to watch the video demonstration for cutting the card base and the patterned paper first. Then follow along with the instructions below.
- Now, open the card up and lay it in the open position on your trimmer. Align the right hand score line in the channel of you cutter and the top right hand corner even with the right hand edge of the trimmer, as shown in the photo. That is equivalent to 1 1/2″. Cut that triangle off.
- Next, put the new point you just created in the trimmer channel and the bottom right hand point at the 1″ mark. Cut off that triangle.
- Repeat this process for the left hand side of the card, putting the left hand top score mark in the channel and the left hand top point at the 1 1/2″ mark to the left of the channel.
- Now put the new point you just created in the channel and the bottom left hand point at the 1″ mark and cut.
- The patterned paper that will cover one flap measures 3 1/4″ x 5 1/4″. Hold the paper over the flap that it will cover to determine in which direction you will be cutting the flap. Put the top corner in the cutting channel and the other top corner at the 1 1/2″ mark and cut.
- Now take the point you just created and put that in the cutting channel and the bottom edge at the 1″ mark and cut.
- This should fit on the front flap of your card.
- Cut a circle from Evening Evergreen using the 3rd largest Layering Circle die.
- On a scrap of Basic White and using Memento ink, stamp the flower on the stalk from the Color & Contour bundle. Color the flowers with the Light and Dark Pale Papaya blends. Color the stem and leaves with the light Evening Evergreen.
- Adhere this to the circle.
- Using the Evening Evergreen Stampin’ Write Marker, color over the “Thank You” ONLY on the Thank you for everything sentiment stamp. Stamp it on a scrap of basic white and cut it into a small rectangle. Adhere to the front of the circle over the stem of the flower.
- Pop the circle up on the front of the card with dimensionals. Add three Evening Evergreen In Color Jewels to the front of the card.
- Adhere a 5 1/4″ x 4″ piece of Basic White to the inside of the card.
As I mentioned before, this card was made for a blog hop. Please take the time to look at the amazing cards made by demonstrators from around the world. I’m sure you will find plenty of inspiration!
Whismy & Wonder Stamp Camp
Registration is now open for the Whimsy & Wonder Stamp Camp. This is a collaborative effort of the Creativity Abounds group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators from around the globe.
To register, purchase the Whimsy & Wonder Suite Collection using this host code: QMXTMBEE. Just click here and you’ll be shopping with me and the host code will be entered for you!
After you make your purchase, you will receive a card kit with supplies (other than those included in the suite collection) to make 13 different card with the Whimsy & Wonder suite (p24-25 in the July-Dec Mini Catalog) along with private YouTube videos demonstrating how to make those cards. In addition you will have access to an EXCLUSIVE FaceBook group where we will have 13 live presentations on September 17 -18, 2021. These live presentations will be recorded and available forever. (Some FB lives will be in less convenient time slots since we are dealing with so many time zones, but you can always watch a replay.) The card kit and access to the FaceBook lives are all FREE with the purchase of the suite. You will have 26 projects ready to go at no additional cost to you!
Taking care of Business…
Live in the USA and need a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator? I’d love to help you to create beautiful cards at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog!
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek of the Anything But Christmas Bundle that I’ll be giving away this month.
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: email@example.com
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: ChatnCraftwithLorraine
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney