It’s time for our Monthly International Blog Highlights Gallery. I’m so excited to be hopping with these talented demonstrators from around the globe! I’ve created a card using Alcohol and Vellum to make a beautiful background. The combination of Tahitian Tide and Parakeet Party is so bright and cheery!
This technique yields a different background every time- all of them beautiful. Choose a couple of Stampin’ Blends in your favorite colors, and grab some 91% Isopropyl Alcohol and you can get started. Before I get to the instructions, I’d love so much if you would VOTE for MY Card in the gallery. It helps my business greatly to participate in this and the followup Winners blog hop.
INstructions for Alcohol & Vellum Background Thanks Card
- Cut a Tahitian Tide card base 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ and score at 4 1/4″. Set aside. (Do not bury it!)
- On a 5 1/4″ x 4″ piece of vellum, scribble with Dark Tahitian Tide and Dark Parakeet Party blends.
- Use a water painter to dipped in the Isopropyl Alcohol and drip alcohol onto the colored piece of vellum. Use your heat tool to blow the ink around and dry it. Continue to add more alcohol until you have the amount of color and pattern you like.
- Cut a piece of an Adhesive Sheet to 5 1/4″ x 4″ and adhere to the vellum.
- Run the vellum through your Cut & Emboss Machine with the largest of the Perennial Postage dies.
- Peel off the release paper from the Adhesive sheet and adhere the vellum to the front of the Tahitian Tide card base.
- On a scrap of vellum, stamp “Thanks” from the Ice Cream Swirl stamp set and sprinkle with white embossing powder. Heat to melt the powder. Die cut with the label die from the Cheerful Daisies Die.
- Adhere to the front of the card with glue dots strategically placed behind the letters so they won’t be seen.
- Die cut the three attached daisies from the a piece of Parakeet Party card stock. Cut away the two flowers shown and adhere to the front of the card. Add a bit of Wink of Stella in the center of the flower.
- Add 5 Iridescent Pearls to the front of the card.
If you haven’t done so already, please take a moment to VOTE FOR ME! You can click on the button below or on the highlighted words. My card is #17!
Want to see all the products used to create this project? Scroll to the bottom. Click on any thumbnail at the end of this post for more information or to purchase.
Nature’s Sweetness Stamp Camp
On February 9 and 10th I will be joining once again with the Creativity Abounds Design Team to bring you Nature’s Sweetness Stamp Camp. This stamp camp is conducted completely on line through an exclusive FaceBook group. To participate in this camp all you need do is purchase the following items from me: Notes of Nature Bundle (item #162640), Nature’s Sweetness DSP (item #162616), Faux Leather Trim (item #162644), and Cork Rounds (item #162643). (Items are pictured above.)
Click on this link and then “add to cart” those items will be added to your cart automatically!
If you are a demonstrator and have already purchased these items, simply make a purchase equivalent to $78.75 with me and let me know you’d like to participate in the stamp camp.
What is Stamp Camp? It is the chance to make 26 projects with these Nature’s Sweetness products. You will receive a card kit of precut card stock, PDF tutorial, and videos to make 13 projects on your own. Then on February 9-10 you can watch 13 BONUS projects presented LIVE by our design team. (These projects are different than those in the tutorial.) You can make these at your convenience as well. The FB group will stay open indefinitely and you can replay all of the videos as many times as you’d like.
You can shop with me here: https://bit.ly/shopchatncraftwithlorraine.
Questions? Please email me!
Can I help you?
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and help you on your creative journey. Shop with me here: shop ChatnCraft with Lorraine.
Want more tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my weekly email here.
I’d love help you make beautiful cards and paper crafts at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog.
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek at the Tutorial Bundle that I am currently giving away.
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: email@example.com
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: ChatnCraftwithLorraine
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney