It’s time for our Creativity Abounds Blog Hop. We are a group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators from around the world- all with different styles- who hope to inspire you to create beautiful cards and send them to friends and family.
Here is a peak at our design team. Join us for one of our Stamp Camps and you’ll get to meet everyone!
Our theme for May’s blog hop is the new 2023-2025 In Colors. These earthy tones are Copper Clay, Boho Blue, Moody Mauve, Pebbled Path and Wild Wheat. It seems that folks either love these colors or don’t really care for them. I have found that the more I work with them and use them, the more I like them. I’d love to hear what you think of them.
I chose to use the Floating Frame technique to show off the In Colors. I’m definitely in love with Boho Blue, Pebbled Path, and Moody Mauve. You can see my two least favorite (although they are growing on me) colors are the smallest pieces on the top and bottom of the die cut shape. Do you recognize that die cut shape? That’s the largest of the Nested Essentials shapes. (I’m not really sure what to call this shape. Looks like a vase if you hold the card in portrait orientation.) I am in love with the Cheerful Daisies bundle and couldn’t help but use the largest die in Basic White. I cut these pieces apart and layered each on a piece of Moody Mauve.
Instructions for Making the IN Colors Floating Frame Card
- Cut a 1/2″ x 6″ piece of card stock in each of the 2023-2025 In Colors: Boho Blue, Copper Clay, Moody Mauve, Pebbled Path, Wild Wheat.
- Adhere Tear & Tape to the length of each one. Then remove the Tear & Tape release paper and lay them on a 6″ x 3 1/2″ piece of window sheet. Start at the top of the window sheet and adhere each piece of card stock with a scant 1/8″ in between.
- When the 5 strips are lined up, place the largest of the Nested Essentials dies on the strips and run through your Cut & Emboss machine a couple of times.
- Cut and fold a Boho Blue card base 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ and scored at 4 1/4″.
- Use the “cross hatch” Embossing Folder from the set of Basic 3D Embossing folders to emboss a Basic White mat cut 5 1/4″ x 4″. Adhere to the front of the card base.
- Use Foam Adhesive Strips to adhere the Nested Essentials die cut piece on to the front of the card. Place the foam strips carefully so they do not show through the spaces.
- Die cut the large die with 3 flowers attached from Basic White card stock and then snip them apart. Cut the “outline” dies for each of the three flowers from Moody Mauve. Adhere the white flower to the Moody Mauve pieces.
- Glue the largest and smallest flower to the left of center on the die cut piece. Pop the third flower up with dimensionals. Tuck the two leaves in behind the flowers.
- Die cut a Basic White circle with the smallest Stylish Shapes circle. Use Moody Mauve ink to stamp it with “Happy Birthday to You” from the Zoo Crew.
- Add three 2023-2025 Moody Mauve In Color dots.
- Layer a 5 1/4″ x 4″ Basic White mat in the inside. Stamp an inside sentiment if desired.
Want to see all the products used to create this project? Scroll to the bottom. Click on any thumbnail at the end of this post for more information or to purchase.
Join me and the Creativity Abounds team for our ON LINE Fresh as a Daisy Stamp Camp. Purchase the Fresh As a Daisy Suite Collection (item # 161301 for $73.50) as shown on p. 110 of the 2023-2024 Annual catalog as well as the In Color Jute trim (item #161637 for $8.00) from me and you will automatically be registered for our Fresh as A Daisy Stamp Camp on July 7 & 8, 2023. THE STAMP CAMP IS FREE!
This event is held live in an exclusive FaceBook group and will be available to watch forever. Included in the stamp camp are 13 “make and take” card kits. You will get all supplies not included in the Fresh as a Daisy Suite collection (cut and prepped) along with video AND written instructions to make 13 projects. During the Stamp Camp we will present 13 additional projects “live” that you can make on your own at a later date.
The only cost for the Stamp Camp is purchase of the Fresh as a Daisy Suite Collection. Please use this link to purchase in order to ensure your registration. Just add the In Color Jute (#161637 to your order and you’ll be all set.)
Can I help you?
I would love to be your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and help you on your creative journey. Shop with me here: shop ChatnCraft with Lorraine.
Want more tips, tricks and inspiration? Sign up for my weekly email here.
I’d love help you make beautiful cards and paper crafts at home. Sign up here if you need the latest catalog.
Anyone who shops with me receives a free tutorial bundle packed with project ideas and details. Here’s a sneak peek at the Tutorial Bundle that I am currently giving away.
Here is the card that I made and for which instructions will be included in the tutorial.
Please email me if you have any questions or I can assist you in any way.
ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Shop my online store: lorrainetierney.stampinup.net
Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on FaceBook: ChatnCraft with Lorraine
Join our FaceBook Group: ChatnCraft Creations
Read my blog: ChatnCraftwithLorraine.com
Follow me on Pinterest: ChatnCraftwithLorraine
Subscribe to my Channel on YouTube: Chat’n’Craft with Lorraine Tierney